We've all been there. You travel on a road trip or flight and while unpacking your makeup bag you discover your favorite compact is broken into smithereens. Initially, there are tears. Then, either two scenarios take place. 1) You run out to the nearest department store and buy a replacement. (But let's face it, that's expensive!) Or 2) You put it back together! Yes, you read that right. There is a way to put your broken blushes, highlighters, face powders or eyeshadows back in one piece after they've suffered some devastating damage. Recently, this happened to my Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Nectar. Keep reading to find out how I fixed it!
What you'll need:
Q-tips or Spatula
1. Pour broken pieces of powder into a tissue and set aside.
2. Clean up left over powder residue on/around compact.
2. Fold edges of the tissue containing product in half and slowly pour the
broken pieces back into the compact.
(If pieces are kept together in strips, place in compact by hand.)
3. Slowly start pouring alcohol into the compact and saturate the powder
until it is moldable.
4. Now start to smooth powder with a Q-tip or wooden spatula to make the
powder look as smooth as possible.
5. Leave to dry and set over night or for at least 6-8 hours.